Saturday, December 3, 2016

November progress report

 Old map design WIP

New map design WIP


Spent most of the time making maps and testing animations, this obviously on my free time when I'm not working on commissions so the progress wasn't as good as I wanted.

I want to get everything mapped this month so I can start playing with animations in-game, things like the screens showing some ads, NPCs on the vending machine talking or buying something, maybe some machines moving. Little details to make things look less empty and boring, a good criticism I got in my last try with the game before it was reworked.

Other than that I have to make battle animations and art too so the demo isn't anywhere close to end at this point sadly.

Old battle animation -Idle-

New battle animation -Idle- WIP

I'm trying my best with the sprite animations to make them more dynamic, hopefully people will like them. Before I used small loops with blinking, now I'm using more clean animation loops and adding blinking and other details, maybe 20+ frames for the full loop when I finish adding everything to each animation, I'm still testing to see what works better but I'd be really happy if I can make good idles over 20 frames long, most people use 3, 5, 8 or 10 at best so I'm curious about how the quality would be if I add more.

No word on the hentai for now, the foundation of the game is my priority and I'd rather save the fun part for later.

3 comments: